It has occurred to me that I spend a lot of time puling* and whining about what I don’t like but rarely about what I do like without some kind of qualifying remarks… so here is an unashamedly upbeat post about books and films you should all see. Flash Gordon didn’t quite make the shortlist sadly, I hope you can forgive me.
1. Being John Malkovich
3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney version)
4. The Prestige
5. Joyeux Noel
1. Immortality by Milan Kundera
2. Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami
3. Vurt by Jeff Noon
4. The Boy who Reversed Himself by William Sleator
5. A Dog Called Demolition by Robert Rankin
You should all have seen all five and read all (other) five. If you haven’t then what are you waiting for?!
* I have used this word to show that it exists and I wasn’t cheating when I used it in that game of Scrabble, Juliet!